There are many reasons why people do not budget. Shauntel Dobbins of Financially U, LLC debunks the most common myths.
1. Budgets are for people with a lot of money.
2. Budgets are for people living from paycheck to paycheck
3. I will be making more money purchase a car, home, etc so I don't need to budget.
4. Budgets are for people who don't have access to credit.
5. Budgets prevent people from doing things they enjoy.
These are all myths and assumptions. Budgets allow people to have access to financial freedom. It is the foundation of building your financial house. For example: if you are building an actual house, you must have a strong foundation to keep the house steady and firm. It's the same with building your financial house. If a life event should take place, including a car repair, home repair, or even job loss, a strong budget can assist with planning as it is an adjustable document.